February 4, 2010

For Mom - Iris Art Quilt

This is an art quilt I'm working on for my mom. She loves Iris flowers!!
It started with a pattern I found online here:

Sindy Rodenmayer's Pattern

The pattern was only for a 16 1/2" block, but then I added longer stems...and a vase...and a background, and a border...now it is enormous. I appliqued the pieces, then added beaded and silk ribbon embellishment, chose the fabrics for the background, border and backing. Now I just need to do the quilting and the construction - which is where I might seek a little help! I'm too afraid to "mess it up" at the point. But, I wanted to show the quilt so far, the UFO that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I unfortunately have to review them first before they can be posted (to avoid spam for everyone!)
Thank you so much for your interest in my crafty goings-on! : )