February 9, 2010

Fabric & Fiber Art Postcard

This is a fiber art postcard I made at Cloth, Paper, Scissors "Make It and Take It University" at the Chicago International Quilt Show a couple of years ago. I pulled it back out of a drawer and thought - wow! - I really like this technique - I think I want to try it again!! It is made on Timtek (thick interfacing) with fusible web, with random bits of metallic fiber and foiled fabrics, fancy fibers, wool roving, silk waste, tissue paper, snippets of other various fabrics, tulle, and cheesecloth - all artfully arranged, fused, and then the layers that could not reach the fusible webbing were simply lifted, sprinkled underneath with Bonash, then fused down again. (I need more Bonash!!) The Timtex was layered on the back with thick solid paper (such as watercolor paper), with a piece of double-sided fusible webbing, Then the edges were sewn with a satin stitch, and trimmed down to create a one-of-a-kind fiber art postcard. Very fun and simple - I might try it again!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I unfortunately have to review them first before they can be posted (to avoid spam for everyone!)
Thank you so much for your interest in my crafty goings-on! : )