February 5, 2010

1,000 Artist Trading Cards: Innovative and Inspired Mixed Media ATCs

It seemed like so long ago that I made some little ATCs for submission to Cloth, Paper, Scissors - they were having a display at the Chicago International Quilt show, and a couple of mine were chosen from the display for the book:
"1,000 Artist Trading Cards: Innovative and Inspired Mixed Media ATCs" by Patricia Bolton.
I got to meet Pokey very briefly, and it was very inspiring to be included in this book. At that time I was still married and so my last name was "Fillman" but well, I'm proud becuase it is the only thing I've been published for so far. I don't even have images of the cards I submitted for this project - I'm so ashamed to say - as my old blog was wiped away when I quit blogging for a few years. Anyway, as I've been thinking about my connection to the rest of the art world, it's a little bit of inspiration for me to look back and remember the excitement of being included in such a project.  So, because I LOVE ATCs and their scale - making for quick projects and a great way to try out new techniques - I wanted to post the book for anyone who might be curious about it. Enjoy!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I unfortunately have to review them first before they can be posted (to avoid spam for everyone!)
Thank you so much for your interest in my crafty goings-on! : )