May 31, 2010

Monet Waterlillies - Impressionistic Art Quilt

I found the loveliest little note card at Barnes & Noble, featuring Monet's Waterlillies. I have always loved Monet's work - especially his florals, which I had the great pleasure of seeing in person when my grandmother and I went to France...now about 16 years ago (!!) but I remember being in awe at the beautiful colors right in front of me.
Since I learned this new "Impressionistic" technique, I decided to honor Monet with my own version of the Waterlillies painting I found on this notecard. Here are my results!





Here are a couple of close-up views of my favorite details - I find sometimes I love the zoomed in shots more than the quilts in their entirety!





~~ Enjoy! ~~



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I unfortunately have to review them first before they can be posted (to avoid spam for everyone!)
Thank you so much for your interest in my crafty goings-on! : )