April 26, 2010

My Birthday Present - Inspiration!!

My oldest daughter, Brittaney, made me the most BEAUTIFUL picture for my birthday - it is a garden scene, with lots and lots of flowers and an archway, on a path by a lake with a sunny sky. She painted/colored it herself using Caran d'Ache Neocolor II Aquarelle Artists' Crayons - that I gave to her, as sort of a bribe to finish my gift!! She had been begging me to borrow mine, and loved them so much that finally I bought her a set all for herself. Obviously, she NEEDED them ; ) (She gets that from me!!)
I'm so very very pleased with her gift to me - although I received it in April and my birthday was in February, I completely understand that great works of art take time! (AND the right art supplies!! ; )

This is pure inspiration for my next art quilt - which might be something she will someday receive!


AMAZING, isn't it??! I especially love her signature at the bottom right-hand corner (she *does* practice that!!) The colors are amazing - I can't wait to post my version of this piece as an art quilt.

(Thank you, Baby Girl!!!) *hugggggs*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! I unfortunately have to review them first before they can be posted (to avoid spam for everyone!)
Thank you so much for your interest in my crafty goings-on! : )