January 14, 2011

Silk Sari Ribbon Owl Pillow

Tonight I finished up a previous project - a little Owl, which I made into a pillow tonight. I made the owl using silk sari ribbon textile art, leftover from creating pillows, along with bits of colorful fabric, vintage lace, and vintage jewelry pieces.
I layered the owl on a broze hand-dyed fabric, trimmed the edges with brown velvety ric-rac style trim, and made an overlapping style back for ease of putting in a pillow form.
I'm really happy with this little pillow! Maybe I should make one for myself!! : )

1 comment:

  1. I just love all the things that you do but the owls are just too gorgeous! My favourites! I - who never used to like orange - think it´s WONDERFUL when looking at the orange owl and has changed my mind about that colour! Thanks :o)
    You are such a talanted creator and I´m happy to know you and get some good inspiration from you...
    Be well!
    Love
    V

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I unfortunately have to review them first before they can be posted (to avoid spam for everyone!)
Thank you so much for your interest in my crafty goings-on! : )